Wednesday 27 August 2014

Leeds Festival 2014


Last weekend I was lucky enough to go to Leeds festival after winning a ticket from work and I'm still in shock that it all happened to be honest. I've wanted to go to festival for years but it's never happened and when I heard that Arctic Monkeys were headliners this year I wanted to cry when I couldn't get anyone to go with me. So when I was given a ticket and got to go with one of my best friends it all felt a bit surreal. 

I didn't get many pictures as I only took my iPhone and the battery just couldn't hack it, but I thought I would share a couple of the pictures that I did get.

Sunday morning sunrise, because apparently it's impossible to sleep in a tent after the sun has come up even when you've only had 3 hours sleep *cries* .. but it was a pretty view to wake up to
Festival selfie (I couldn't resist)
You can't see them but this was at the Imagine Dragons set which was all kinds of amazing
So we tried a kangaroo burger and a venison burger and I'm still not sure how I morally feel about that, but to be honest they both just tasted like beef
The Arctic Monkeys set where my dreams came true and I fangirled with no shame. 
*Cliché wristband pic* 
My ootd for the sunday (this dress is now christened The Arctic Monkeys Dress) including a gorgeous Motel Rocks dress (here) and some very muddy wellies
I'm really happy that I got to have a go at the festival experience and I learnt that I am actually pretty good at setting up a tent and making campfires, so in your face to everyone that laughed at the idea of me roughing it! I was worried that I'd be a bit of a princess but I honestly enjoyed it all (except the toilets, the toilets are not exaggerated) and I would be so up for going to a festival again. The whole atmosphere was amazing, seeing all the different kinds of people and all the different styles and of course the music (but more on the music later, that needs it's own post).



No comments:

Post a Comment